With the surge in Cyber Attacks from hacking groups, the threat of data theft, and GDPR regulations concerning the safeguarding of sensitive data looming, many organisations are wisely scrutinising their current cyber security measures or implementing more robust tests and procedures.
ARE YOU COVERED?
Cyber Essentials is a Government-backed scheme designed to help businesses shore up their defenses from such risks.
The technical controls needed to achieve Cyber Essentials certification are:
- Boundary firewalls – to prevent unauthorised access
- Secure configuration – of your system set-up
- User Access control – to restrict unnecessary access
- Malware protection – through robust anti-virus software
- Patch management – implementing and updating
HOW CLARION WILL HELP
We will help you scope for testing all or part of your systems. We will then assess your current cyber security set-up with a tailored questionnaire and gap analysis. This will allow us to evaluate your current state and make recommendations to remedy any shortcomings.
Our Team of Security experts will then either help implement these for you or offer any guidance to your own team where required.
KEY BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION:
- Cyber Essentials offers a solid set of security measures to protect your systems & prevent data breach
- It provides a cost-effective set of controls to help avoid costly cyber attacks or fines
- Certification clearly demonstrates your commitment to protect employee, client and supplier data
- Having Cyber Essentials will permit you to work with the UK Government
- Holding the Cyber Essentials badge can boost your reputation and help secure new business
- Attaining this may help you negotiate reductions in your Business Cyber Insurance Policy
GDPR & CYBER ESSENTIALS
If your organisation holds employee, supplier or customer information then you will be subject to the new GDPR Regulations coming into effect in May 2018.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is intended to unify and strengthen data protection across the EU.
Failure to comply with the new regulations can lead to fines of up to 4% of turnover or €20M whichever is higher.
Implementing Cyber Essentials will give your organisation a secure foundation towards compliance.
- Associate Director - Caneparo Associates
"Clarion established IT infrastructure for our newly formed company. This included setting up centralised file storage with automated remote back-up and access from anywhere. Everything works smoothly and quickly and we have peace of mind that our data is secure."